If you have any questions about this notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
B D Security Pvt. Ltd. Registered in India
Information we collect
We collect different types of information. Information you provide us, information we collect automatically and information we collect from other sources. B D Security is the controller of the information you provide and is responsible for your personal information.
If you are engaging with our website, you may be asked to provide personal information about you and your business. Personal information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up using our contact form on our website, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other form.
We collect, use, store and transfer diverse kinds of personal information about you when you contact through this website, enter a competition, attend events hosted on our behalf, or any other means of contacting us. We have grouped together the several types of personal information as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account, invoice and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We sometimes will collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature and look to change lesser performing features. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this notice.
We do not intentionally collect any Special Categories of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
You should be aware that this personal information is more sensitive and is more heavily protected by data protection legislation, so you should avoid including this kind of data if possible.
How do we collect your personal information?
- You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Profile, and Marketing and Communications Data by completing online forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- purchase our products or services;
- subscribe to our newsletters or other publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- attend events organised by us or on our behalf; or
- contact us through any form of communication regarding a query, feedback or complaint.
Information we collect automatically:
This information may include:
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our website and online communications, which may include the dates and times you access the website and your browsing activities on the website. We also collect information regarding the performance of the website. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the website, and facilitate research and analysis of the website.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our website, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies. For example, we use web tracking technologies in the emails we send to you if you have opted in to receive online marketing communications. These track certain behaviour patterns such as whether the email sent through the website or third party, was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as the recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of our marketing campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our website and services. Reports are also available to us when we send an email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
Information we collect from other sources:
- From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
- Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioural data (such as information about use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
Why we collect personal information?
We may use the personal information we collect through the website or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Please note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register and create an account on the website||(a) Identity;
(c) Profile; and
(d) Marketing and Communications.
|Performance of a contract with you.|
|To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges; and
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us.
(c) Financial; and
|(a) Performance of a contract with you;
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us).
|To administer your account and to manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notice; and
(b) Responding to your queries.
(f) Marketing and Communications.
|(a) Performance of a contract with you;
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation; and
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to develop our relationship with you in order to progress our business).
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw or competition.||(a) Identity;
(e) Usage; and
(f) Marketing and Communications.
|(a) Performance of a contract with you; and
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how our products/services are used, to develop them and grow our business).
|To enable you to take part in a survey.||(a) Identity;
(d) Usage; and
(e) Marketing and Communications.
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how our products/services are used, to develop them and grow our business).|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).||(a) Identity;
(b) Contact; and
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).|
|To promote our business including:
(a) Sending you marketing materials;
(b) Events hosted by us; and
(c) Events hosted on our behalf.
(c) Marketing and Communications.
|(a) Consent; and
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop and grow our business understanding of customers and to inform our marketing strategy).
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical; and
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).|
Change in purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to obtain an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us using the contact details above.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing. We will provide you with a clear choice to opt into receiving any of our newsletters or other marketing communications when you first register with us.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when purchasing products or when contacting us and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product experience or other transactions.
Opt-out requests can also be made by emailing us directly using the contact details provided on our website pages.
If you have opted in to receive our marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving online marketing communications from us at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our marketing email messages. You may also choose to opt out by clicking the check box below the contact form on any of our website contact pages that feature a form with an opt out option.
We do not share your personal information with any company outside of the B D Security for marketing purposes.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third-party company for marketing purposes.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will keep any personal information submitted through the website for as long as you have an account with us and generally for a period of 3 years following closure of your account. [In the event that you do not have an account with us, we will generally hold your personal information for a period of 12 months after the relevant competition, survey or event you have taken part in ends or following resolution of your query.] However, where we have a statutory obligation to keep the personal information for a longer period or where we may need to keep your personal information for a longer period in case of a legal claim or dealing with ongoing queries or complaints, then the retention period may be longer.
Your Privacy Rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right within certain legal parameters, to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information (which we do in this notice);
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold;
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate;
- Ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Ask us to restrict our information processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Ask us for a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format;
- Object to our processing of your personal information;
- Not be subject to automated decisions about you and to request human intervention; and
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
- If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details above.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We take into account, the risks involved in the processing and the nature of Personal Information.
If you have any concerns regarding the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com